Register your historic place for Canada Historic Places Day!
It’s almost summer and it’s time to register your historic site for Canada Historic Places Day. If you missed it last year, Canada Historic Places Day is a partnership between the National Trust for Canada and Parks Canada that has as its goal to boost visitation to historic places across Canada.
This summertime celebration includes:
- A website where historic places can register and be promoted locally and nationally.
- Exposure via a national advertising campaign that brings attention to historic places across Canada.
- A chance to win a $1000 prize for historic places that participate.
- Marketing materials and training for participating historic places to use to promote their historic places locally.
- A social media contest with a $1000 prize to promote visitation to sites.
What are historic places expected to do:
- Be open to visitors on July 7.
- Have someone available to greet visitors on July 7.
- Consider waiving your entry fee or plan a special event (not mandatory).
We hope you will join us in this nation-wide celebration. Register your historic place today!
Registration will remain open till July 2nd, 2018.
Please contact Julie Normandeau, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-237-1066 after that time for registration options.
Questions? Feel free to email or call:
Manager, Sites and Partnerships
National Trust for Canada
613-237-1066 x 234