Photos

Description

The Maison François Baby House is an historic residence that was owned by the prominent local politician François Baby. The house was known as La Ferme locally and was a French-Canadian ribbon farm that has historical ties to the War of 1812 where it was used as a headquarters by both the American and British forces. Today, the François Baby House has been designated as a National Historic Site of Canada and, as part of Museum Windsor, houses permanent galleries on Francophone Heritage, the War of 1812, the Battle of Windsor, the history of the home itself, visible storage, and museum archives.