The building in which the museum calls home had its origins in the founding of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan (BCATP). Built in 1941, it was the drill hall for #37 Service Flight Training School. The drill hall was one of 7,000 buildings built in support of the BCATP. Left vacant and unused for a time post war, the building eventually became home to Bullock Helicopters. Bullock Helicopters performed oil exploration, search and rescue, and transport for seismic crews and their equipment. Other companies also hung their shingles above the door, the last of which was Kenting Helicopters. Upon their departure in 1985 they offered Museum founder Bill Watts the use of the hangar for the museum.
The Hangar Flight Museum
- 4629 McCall Way Northeast, Calgary, AB, Canada
- 10am-4pm daily.
- Wheelchair Access
4629 McCall Way Northeast, Calgary, AB, Canada
Memorial Park Library
Memorial Park Library is a classically-inspired, early twentieth-century, two-storey sands…
Lougheed House, also known as Beaulieu, was home to Senator James Alexander Lougheed, Lady…
Heritage Park Historical Village
Canada’s largest living history museum, with exhibits spanning from the 1860s to the 1950s…
Cochrane Historical Museum
The Davies house was built in 1909. While it was in construction they were approached by D…