The Reverend Forbes Homestead was registered as a Provincial Historic Resource Site in 1976 and is operated by the City of Grande Prairie’s Grande Prairie Museum.
Located behind the QEII Hospital, the Reverend Forbes Homestead is the only pioneer log building standing in Grande Prairie today. The structure is intimately related to the early development of the city. The original part was built in 1911 as the first hospital in the area. A two storey residence for Reverend and Mrs. Forbes was added a year later.
The house and hospital have been fully restored to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the arrival of the Forbes’ and was opened to the public on May 28, 2010.