The residence known as the Lynnwood was built circa 1850 for Duncan Campbell (1802-1882).
The building, designed by Toronto architect Frederick W. Cumberland (1821 – 1882), is example of a refined residence in the Neoclassical style. The building was, in 1972, designated a National Historic Site and, in 1978, it was also designated under the Ontario Heritage Act.
The Lynnwood is now home to the Norfolk Arts Centre, a public art gallery, dedicated to the learning, preservation and nurturing of creativity, enjoyment and appreciation of the arts throughout Norfolk County. We support and promote the arts through exhibitions, education, special events and public programs.