The Moose Jaw Public Library is a Municipal Heritage Property located downtown in the City of Moose Jaw’s Crescent Park. The property features a two-storey brick and limestone clad building completed in 1913.
Designed by local architects Reid and McAlpine, the heritage value of the Moose Jaw Public Library also lies in its use of features of the Italianate style of architecture and its decorative details. Symmetrical in design, its exterior features a hip roof, cream-coloured brick and rusticated limestone, carved window pediments, cornice, and a frontispiece with prominent lighting flanking the staircase to the entry. In 1913, the quantity of marble used in the library’s rotunda was second in the province only to the amount used in the Legislative Building. The rotunda includes marble columns and carvings, paired staircases, mosaic tile floor and a stained glass dome lit by a skylight.