The one-room Bergthal School was constructed in 1904 and functioned as a public school in Altbergthal until its closure in 1965. It then moved to the New Hope School property and served as a classroom until 1979. In 1982 the school was moved to Altona and operated as a museum until 2000.
Facing demolition, interested parties began meeting in 2010 to discuss saving and re-purposing the building. Two years later, the school was moved to the Neubergthal Commons, where it stands today.
For more information visit us in Neubergthal for a tour or visit our website at www.neubergthalheritagefoundation.com.